|  Home  |  Navigator  |  Writings  |  Photographs  |  Blogroller  |  The Tall Guy 2   |  

Wednesday 26 December 2007

E-Mail To GOD

(coz it’s faster and is not corrupted by Pos Malaysia :D)

From: yongzehao[at]hotmail.com
To: God (Lord, I don’t think You have an email address since you are always present at any given time and place.)
Subject: Residential Bible School (RBS) 2008

Dear God, thank You for placing me in RBS 2008. I know it is definitely wasn’t a mistake You gave me the strength to overcome all the obstacles that blocked me from going to RBs such as the Taylor’s College offer of scholarship in getting a Diploma in Architecture. Thank You too for allowing me to go to Penang Bible Camp 2007 as it served as a good foundation to study Your Word more spiritually. Now, I know that I came here is to be M.A.D. – Making A Difference for CHRIST!

Just like my chicken pox vaccination, I hope that You, after the first injection of Penang Bible Camp, will give me a second booster injection here in RBS. And most important of all, I want all of the things I learn here in RBS to last throughout my stay on Earth; to be able to fight the Devil’s temptation and apply it in my life.

Besides learning from the talks of RBS, I hope I will learn more in the other activities, interactions and quiet time. Lord, help me to be humble and speak when I need to and stop me when I do not need to speak. In interactions with fellow brothers and sisters in Christ, I hope that not only I have the courage to get to know them, but also to edify them through my speech and conduct.

I know that apart from You, I can’t do anything so I ask of You today to give me strength and wisdom to go through RBS fruitfully. I volunteered myself to be assistant dorm leader and I hope that You will remind me of responsibility and build up my leadership. As for mission trips, I pray that there will always be strength to complete with the work. Assignments will stack up I know because I am a long winded writer, I am glad You are patient! I hope I will have good time management and be able to utilize time for Your glory. In times of downs, I ask for strength to endure it through the Comforter. The temperature here in Camerons is low and it is really freezing cold, I liked it but make me warm both physically and spiritually so that my spirit would not be dead cold.

Lastly, I thank You for everything: the good dormmates, nice study environment, hospitality of SAGC people during Christmas caroling, discover that Christmas is important and meaningful (I read some articles that says Christians should not celebrate birthdays because all birthdays records in the Bible are not good and it has pagan origins such as Mithras), an excellent translation – New Living Translation Life Application Study Bible and this wonderful spiritual journey I can record in this journal.

“I focus on this one thing: Forgetting the past and looking forward to what lies ahead, I press on to reach the end of the race and receive the heavenly prize for which God, through Jesus Christ, is calling us.” [Philippians 3:13b-14.]

Your child,
Calvin Yong

P.S. Please improve my handwriting, You can read but it’s hard for the Principal…Thanks God!

Uncle Dex: May God honour your great contemplative desires.