|  Home  |  Navigator  |  Writings  |  Photographs  |  Blogroller  |  The Tall Guy 2   |  

Friday 15 February 2008

Valentine?

LOVE is the [pronounced "di"] most exaggerated word in this modern or post-modern age, don't you think so? Every song the pop singers singing are LOVE songs... and Valentine Day lately... but how many meant it?

Yeah, no partner currently....but this is not some Valentine lonely envying couples post! In fact this is the first time I ever took notice of this Valentine thingy and there's a whole lot of debate among Chinese about going to worship Tien-Gong or go Valentine. I seriously don't find it a struggle for I don't associate with both, but putting in those people's shoes it made me think...

God or girlfriend? Agape love or eros love? Can I really in the future make the correct choice? Is there a midway where both can come together? What if I love a girl that is of unequalled yoke? Hard questions to ponder... but perhaps one illustration comforts me.

Imagine You are walking lonely on a street amidst tall apartments, depressed seeing everyone holding hands and whispering romantic phrases...and SUDDENLY some brave boyfriend high on the apartment shouted " I LOVE YOU!". Doesn't that reminds you of God shouting from heaven "I LOVE YOU!!!" and His Son actually go to the extend of dying on the cross to marry you? Sad to say it's a love that many lost...

The song from Casting Crowns "East to West" was the expression of Psalm 103:12 - "He has removed our sins as far from us as the east is from the west". And I really loved the last line which says "Just how far the east is from the west, from one scared hand to the other". That is His love for us...

Happy Valentine, GOD!