|  Home  |  Navigator  |  Writings  |  Photographs  |  Blogroller  |  The Tall Guy 2   |  

Sunday 17 February 2008

Bukit Galing Expedition

Extremely tired now...just came back from climbing Bukit Galing in Kuantan. Gotta REVIVE myself as said in the bottle stuck onto a root by Tse Chwan. Don't worry, he's no polluting the environment. The bottle is now at my home's collection of aluminium cans. Anyway, for those who don't know where Bukit Galing - it's the range of mountain you see from STADIUM Pahang... claimed to be tallest mountain around Kuantan by my dad, even taller than Bukit Pelindung. Wonder why they don't put transmission towers here, what was ever to be put on the mountain summit is a PAS flag. Good thing though, because such a beautiful summit is not destroyed. Want to see how beautiful it is, just take a look down the photos...


This pic my dad still say not nice...coz my Nikon Coolpix small small one where can fight Nikon D200

Finally updated NOW! Let the pictures roll! 

The long, treacherous road up the hill...logger's road, full of dried mud and might landslide anytime...those are my fears I had before, but it is just walking, brisk walking...can't be considered climbing. Isn't it great that I actually walked over a mountain?

I did not know that somewhere near Kuantan there is a dam in the middle of mountain, but the dam (I don't know if it is, but my dad should be correct. DAD: It's CORRECT-lah!) is serenely beautiful. However, it has a scary tall drop that goes way down below... and can be a trouble for altophobics like me, but not Mr Ng KC!!!

Stumbled on some interesting plant which I never thought would be growing in Bukit Galing - the Eurycoma longifolia, the most advertised plant on telly...you've guessed it right - it's the Power Root plant TONGKAT ALI!!! Beautiful plant, but too bad people like to cut it down just for the roots to strengthen their libido... the roots and leaves are super bitter too. Why chop it to extend the other? They should chop the other I guess. Aihz, what to do, Malaysians like to boost their tenaga batin till they believe in everything...

Other plants were more strong and tall, just like a real man should be instead of relying on tongkat ali or kopi radix or kopi jantan with extra Eurycoma longifolia...

Finally, two awesome group pictures...all the tired yet happy faces...could count this as a succesful expedition. Gained quite a lot.