|  Home  |  Navigator  |  Writings  |  Photographs  |  Blogroller  |  The Tall Guy 2   |  

Sunday 13 July 2008

Journey to the Centre of the Weekend

Exciting and adventurous. That's my weekend this time.

Had interesting lessons in college and realise how my English sucks. And I have only six months for the IELTS test and I need to get at least band 8. I wonder if I can still go Australia. Anyway, it's a matter of faith and God has answered many of my prayers and undoubtedly will continue to do so.

Watched Hancock last Wednesday. We sat in the second front row and it's amazingly comfortable. Yeah, KL right? Even KL GSCs have better seats than Kuantan. Anyway, back to the movie, it is not really what I expected - an action packed movie more than trying to save a whale by throwing it back into the sea and hit a ship. Pretty complicated and dizzy show. However, it's not that bad. It explores the rarely covered story of how a hero gets despised and the complexity of the emotions. Still I don't get the story, Hancock an angel? The writer is really bad at storytelling...

Then fast forward to Friday, I spent the weekend with my roommate Yong Xin at Puchong, the area which he stays. Really jealous lar of him, every weekend can come back eat home cook food. Now I realise mum's cooking, although quite bad is really delicious. Miss Popo's cooking too. Of course food in KBU is quite good and nutritious. Just the price.

Leong is really a generous guy although as he has to belanja me as a guest...haha. For the first time, I ate something called Bak Kut Teh the real way (not the halal Bak Good Teh). Seriously fell in love with bak kut teh. Being curious and adventurous, I ate chicken leg and pork intestine which taste really different than what I thought previously. BAK KUT TEH rocks! But sorry lar forgot bring camera to record such a momentous event in my culinary adventure.

Ok, no more porcine servings on my blog, sensitive to many of my Muslim friends. Haha. We then watched Journey To The Centre Of The Earth. This is a better show I would say. Cool graphics and a relaxingly funny show.
Wow, I just watched two movies in one week. The previous experience was watching Prince Caspian and Get Smart in two days time. I'm not a movie addict anyway, just trying to watch movies when I still have time to. Most important is hanging around with friends to encourage each other and have fun.

Ok, I lazy to type already and I know you are bored reading texts. Let the pictures roll.
Bon Odori, the Japanese version of Ghost Month (cool it's July!). However, this event in Shah Alam is more of cultural than of religious. Just went there to see cute and petite Japanese girls wearing the kimono. Don't get confuse, Calvin is not finding a Japanese wife...
Those are the girls I'm looking for that day, cute little children... and nothing else...
I suppose the answer to the question of why the chicken cross the road is Jun Jun wants to cross path with Calvin every week. World is really small, this is second time I met him.
Got this pic from Jun Jun's new blog. Really adorable that little girl!
Weird signboard:
WOMEN SHALL NOT KILL THE GRASS...
This is roommate's family, he's standing at the furthest right. They are really generous as you shall see in the next few pictures. Her sis really looks like Japanese and plus she can speak Japanese too =)

For more Bon Odori pics, kindly visit Jun Jun's blog, if you do not know this guy has a blog now.

However, please do not leave my site first. Have pretty more food pictures to tempt you.
After the Bon Odori, Leong's dad (Leong Yong Xin is my roommate's fullname btw) brought us to Klang. The Jusco there is really big and we got lost finding parking. Anyway, his family is really generous and ate dinner at Kim Gary Restaurant, some HongKong restaurant I heard for the first time. The food is a little expensive for timid Kuantan guys like me, but the amount served was really big.
The most refreshing glass of honey lemon I've ever drank.
Simple and relaxing dessert.
Huge French Fries with really savoury cream.
My Swedish Cheese Pork Chop Rice, can't really remember the name, but really smells and taste good.
See how much they put in the serving?
Of course, the archetypal photo of the Si Kurus eating...

And one final announcement:
I'M OFFICIALLY AN SAGC MEMBER!!!
Can't wait for COPA IBA and IBA Unplugged!
See you RBS guys there!