|  Home  |  Navigator  |  Writings  |  Photographs  |  Blogroller  |  The Tall Guy 2   |  

Saturday 5 July 2008

Proof that 13 A1’s in SPM is NOTHING!

Bright sky, bright sun and bright faces, but not with a very bright brain, off I joined my CF seniors to tour around KL.

The day started off well at KL Sentral with a McD Sundae Cone at the price of RM 0.55. Never have I eaten at such a low price, so, people aim at McD on the first Saturday of the month!

Then off we flew to Midvalley, the biggest shopping complex in KL. There we meet a most unexpected friend. Why did the chicken cross the road? Because Jun Jun wanted to go Midvalley… (Warning: Only SABS people will get the joke).

Besides nothing much that interesting except some non-piranha fishes nibbling human flesh and small kids kicking huge ass.

Now comes the proof that 13 A1’s in SPM is nothing. Low Yat Plaza, the most happening place of the technos and gizmos, and where the song Joy To The World, Calvin Is A Fool is sung not on Christmas. Anyway the story goes like this: Once upon a time Calvin wanted to buy an 8 GB Kingston Pendrive to store his stuff. He went searching for a few stores to check out the prices. And this is what he found out:

Level One

Level Two

Level Three

Level Four

Level Five

With the wondrous knowledge that Calvin has long legs,

Which level Calvin bought his pendrive?

Level 1, the most expensive one… lost thirteen bucks in one day! See the connection with 13 A1’s in SPM? I thought it was ok since everyone on level one said it was RM 99 and JiHong’s dad also say about that price. So I bought it and went upstairs to window shopping more. And every level I ascended was a heartache, beating my breast in deep sorrow… Did not put my long legs to advantage and I bought a lesson for thirteen buck… aihz


The picture that brings nights of mares...

Then it was Sungei Wang plaza, the most unwelcoming place for tallies like me. It really hit me hard on the head, figuratively of course when it says “Mind Your Head”. Calvin, why are you soooo stooopid!!!

And now let me introduce to you some of my college friends and CF seniors. Really crazy people yet with a bright mind, unlike me, haha!


Our tour guide on this wonderful day is Mr Jabez, my senior doing AUSMAT and Architecture in Aussieland next year. He looks rather innocent in this picture...lol. Beside him is the random and a little retarded classmate, Nicholas who comes from Kuching.

Later we when to Times Square where we snap a looks-like-a-Tan-Wei-Loon guy.

It’s a really huge place and for the first I walked twelve hours non-stop and squeezing through people mountain people sea in almost everywhere. The monorail is just crowded like mad but I happen to do a community service there because I occupy less precious space. Quite glad I did that. And actually for the first time I did what Moral Education taught us for years – to let someone have your seat. Now I know why so few people does it, especially for people with high centre of gravity like me.

And on the bus, I spilled my bottle water over my shirt, that beloved Penang Bible Camp Shirt with the theme from 2 Peter 3:13 What manner of persons ye ought to be? Well, I learned enough today and there is no point to cry over spilt milk (or bottle water) but to thank God for the day and for the amazing brothers and sisters.