|  Home  |  Navigator  |  Writings  |  Photographs  |  Blogroller  |  The Tall Guy 2   |  

Monday 5 May 2008

Let It Fly In The Sky Let The Whole World Know

Third time a bird came into my house and gets publicity on Calvin Yong's blog. Okay, this time it did not flew into my house just like that. My dad discovered it in my ex-school's Mathematics Room when it was sleeping. It is the second time such a bird flew into SABS, just like I got two direct headshot poo from birds at school. Anyway he took it back home to let his dearest children to have a look at it. It was a miracle of God's design. It has the most striking plumage one can ever see and I can never forget its "GO AWAY!!!" squeaking. Birds and my family are having a little too much coincidence. Many birders have longed to see this magnificent bird, but we have seen it a few centimetres ahead of us. This is the magnificent Blue Winged Pitta (Pitta moluccensis)

Snap, snap, snap went the imperfect human invention which couldn't at all supersede the human eye looking so near to a bird. Behold, the blue winged pitta...

Poor fellow in the small aquarium, so scared that it squeaked so loud like babies crying...

SHOOOO! said the bird while displaying its wonderful plumage. Double effect of scaring us and making us filled with awe. This is what I call one stone kills two humans technique!

It shook a little when we released it in my room and so my hand shook too... Small ghost head trying to steal the limelight...

Grand and magnificent as it mercifully allowed me to snap a picture of it....

Temporal freedom at last! Adui, who's the other pitta in this room? The bird probably adui that but I was adui-ing the long forgotten PMR Pelangi Fokus Bahasa Melayu...

Realising the mirror is not the window, it tried to fly to the real window. It's a little high for this small and cute fella, but it never gave up as it tries so hard to flutter its wings.

Before that, it tried Pitta physics of flying. While testing how aerodynamic the wind was, it managed to do some show off stunt before the final stunt of flying. It was like a model posing at the camera. Proudly it raise

Ok, enough of bird walk... Preparation for lift off!!!

Finally it reached the window! Awhhh, the mosquito netting is there and fear of being consumed as fried pitta or pitta soup dawned on the bird. It must have regretted in oversleeping at Mathematics Room...

It was such an avian wonder that I wished it would continue to fly in my room, but nature is not mine but God's. As dedicated conservationists, dad and three of us siblings went to release it into the jungle behind our house. There it flew back to where it should be. Let it fly in the sky let the whole world know...

Now, I have a mess of poo I need to clean up in my room. Anyway, it's a legacy from it. Kacang dal. So long farewell, see you next year when you come back to visit us in Malaysia and have a safe journey migrating back.

Let it fly in the sky
Let the whole world know
Let the whole world know
Let the whole world know
Let it fly in the sky
Let the whole world know
That the King is in residence there.


Let it fly in the sky let the whole world know...