|  Home  |  Navigator  |  Writings  |  Photographs  |  Blogroller  |  The Tall Guy 2   |  

Friday 9 May 2008

Letter From The Past

Dear Calvin of three months after RBS,

How are you now? You said that you felt extremely fired up at RBS... and by the way you know that RBS stands for Residential Bible School right? Ok, get things straight.

You said you want to love your family more and your attitude towards your parents and siblings. Have you done that? Have you been talking rudely and loudly to them? Or have you learned to talk more wisely and kindly? Did you say that you love them?

Another thing you promised me is that you will go to Nilai to meet up with Haganesh to teach him Mathematics tuition every once a week in a month, especially if you have moved to KL for college. Have you done that? Or are you too cowardish to let God open the doors? Did you presevere to teach him until he finishes PMR?

Kuantan Chapel, hmm, what you've been doing there? Have you started to stand up during morning service? Did you serve in any ministry? Did you learnt guitar so that you can help out to make the worship in Bible Class better? Did you start talking and caring others in church?

This is your accountability letter written on 30 January 2008, RBS graduation eve. Don't lie, because I'm YOU!!!

Yours truly,

Calvin Yong of three months before....

REPLY LETTER via Blogger...

Dear Calvin Yong of three months before,

I am doing fine, perhaps a little feeling great. The fire in RBS is still burning, perhaps not so bright and hot as in RBS, but not too dim. Although I am the only in Kuantan struggling to keep the fire, God sent Chek Ming as a spiritual fire oil. Church members are rather excited too to see a new me. And yeah, I still remember what RBS stands for, not Radical Bible School, haha...


Family... I think I passed this but still not that up to the standard yet. I am doing good with my siblings and you can see that all over the blog. Sleep overs in my room are getting more and more with the new bed. Operation Mee Maggi 2 perhaps? Talking rudely to parents? This one I can't lie. I have. But I think less. Loudly? This is more evident and audible... maybe it's time to turn down the speaker. Learning to talk more wisely is still a struggle, but I think my funny talks at home helps to reduce work tension of my parents. Did I say I love them? Nope, it's so hard to speak it loud. I was able to say in a crowd of 5000 people in RBS Graduation Nite that I LOVE YOU, papa and mama, but when I face them... I really can't and I don't know what's so hard about it. Love is not just an action but also a word to say...



Nilai... I did went once back to there and really taught Haganesh about Mathematics and had a wonderful time there. It was a miracle from God again. I just simply did not know how I bought the bus tickets, went my way alone for the first time in the complex Light Rail Train system in Kuala Lumpur and still reach Shah Alam in one piece of skinny tall Calvin. I just do not know why courage is there at that time. Perhaps it was James and Justina, my fellow Wilsonians who accompanied me there and Vincent from Nilai who was so friendly. Not forgetting also the prayers of other Wilsonians and RBS staff & students. I remembered something James told me before I went Nilai in MSN. "If you are going to Nilai, I'm going too. No lone ranger." I never forget those words. However when the Nilai Trip 2.0 was planned, I was doing it by myself. I got scared. Every Wilsonian is busy and I totally understand their complications. God already made things nicely in Nilai, it was me only. JAMES, come back from NS lar!!! I NEED YOU!


Ok, now comes the part I am rather proud of. I designed the Kuantan Chapel 44th Anniversary Booklet. 44 pages of hard work, really hard work!!! It was that time I learnt that Kuantan Chapel people are rather easy to talk to, not just some aunties and uncles. It was also this time I realised how supportive is my family, cutting and pasting every photo in the book. For this, I'm totally grateful to God. It was these encouragements from everyone that push me forward. I am now serving and learning in youth ministry. I am more brave now and even Tracy, the girl I was so annoyed with previously said that I changed and changed to a better person. Leading prayer and sharing and am going to do my second sharing this Sunday on How To Study! Need so much prayers on this. And about guitar, haha, finally, help was just at the door. You just need to knock and it shall be given. Sin Young, my brother in Christ said he's lending me a guitar and will teach me some basics this Sunday. I am so excited! And it was actually fulfilling my goal of caring and talking to others in church! I see a good connection ahead...

Okay, here's my reply letter via Blogger posted on Friday, May 09 2008, 7.00 pm sharp. I did something at least. Cheerio!

Yours truly,

Calvin of three months after RBS....

P.S. Christian readers and maybe others too, please post lots of comment on this or drop at the cbox. Need your prayers and encouragement dearly.