|  Home  |  Navigator  |  Writings  |  Photographs  |  Blogroller  |  The Tall Guy 2   |  

Thursday 12 June 2008

To Calvin: A Loving Family's Post

This is Calvin’s dad. I am here to inform all of my son’s friends sad news that has devastated us. Today, he was driving with his instructor around 11 am to noon. While driving back home in the Kuantan bypass route (the one connecting Semambu to Indera Mahkota) he and his driving instructor was hit by a reckless trailer from the opposite direction of the road. His driving instructor was injured badly and Calvin is in critical stage. Calvin made it to two in the afternoon and went home to be with the Lord, his loving Father in heaven. My family and I are shocked over the incident and are sad because he did not made it to see us for the last moment. This blog will be used as a site for you to send your condolences. And please limit your phone calls too for my family needs rest over this period of bereavement. Now, I’ll let my wife and children to have their say.

Calvin’s mum here. I have nothing much to say except that this son of mine is very dear to me despite his cold shoulders towards me. I have been praying for him, for his studies and for his spiritual life always, and as faithful as God is, He has answered all my prayers. Today a tragic accident happened and the Lord decided to take Calvin to be with Him. I do not know why this happened, but I just surrender to God’s will and I just thank God that He has blessed me with Calvin.

Less Big Ghost Head here. Now I really missed him calling me that. He reminded me today “MONG BENG, next time remember to good care of your things! You just left that important photostated IC on the table.” Those were his last words. I feel like a Mong Beng for being jealous with everything he had because he is my big bro. But now he is gone. No more fighting over computer, no more fighting over tv and no one to argue with me. All I can do was to help pa and ma to log into Calvin’s blog to write this. I MISS YOU KOKO…

Lydia here. I don’t know how to write English karangan. I am very sad because KoKo go away with Jesus already. I cry a lot just now, but Mummy say KoKo is in a better place. I remember today he say to me “KoKo come out for awhile only then your bus come already, cannot talk talk some more. Never mind, KoKo wake up early tomorrow to send you to school again. Bye Bye!” KoKo now cannot talk talk with me already.

Regarding Calvin’s funeral service it will be notified as soon we are done with the procedures. Updates for outstation people will be posted on this blog.

Caleb and Lydia want to share with you a video from YouTube:


99 BALLOONS


Eliot was born with an undeveloped lung, a heart with a hole in it and DNA that placed faulty information into each and every cell of his body. However, that could not stop the living God from proclaiming Himself through this boy who never uttered a word.


























Sorry, I got too emo today so I wrote a condolence post for myself. It’s Calvin writing by the way.

I'm sorry if I had scared you...

Before and after the driving lessons, I thought a lot of life and death. I began to wonder if I were to die today, HAVE I MADE A DIFFERENCE IN OTHER PEOPLE’S LIFE? Or my death would just mean son of a discipline teacher died during driving lesson published in every newspaper in Malaysia? After a week or two, no one remembers me and continues with their normal life…

God gave me life and he has blessed me abundantly and he has the right to take away my life right now. It’s by His grace and will that I still writing something on my blog.

I wrote this post because I really want to tell my family and my friends how important you are in my life and how good you all have been to me. God used you all to bless my life a lot and while I’m still alive I just want to thank you all.

Life is fragile so handle it with prayer and live to the fullest what God has called you to be. Life can be taken away any moment, so say I LOVE YOU to your loved ones if you have the chance. I LOVE YOU ALL.

The story of Eliot Mooney Hartman really just shows how life itself can make a difference in so many people's life. How you treat life is what life will be for you. God has his plan but He wants you to carry it out. Despite his genetic disease and close zero possibility to be born alive, his parents trusted God and did not abort him. God gave them a miracle and another miracle and another. Every day, his parents thank God for their baby and they celebrated Eliot’s birthday everyday, treasuring every moment they have with their dear child. Eliot lived for 99 days before he went to a better place without suffering. Although he was with them for a short period of three months only, Eliot’s parents will treasure him for eternity.

I don’t know when I’ll go, there may be or may not be a post from my family notifying about it, but know that I love you just as God loved me and He loves you too.

P.S. Post your comments using the comment link, let others read this post as it is. Thank you. I did not write this post for the fun of tricking you all. It's a reminder.